Nepean Athletic Club Inc Heat Policy...
The issue of Heat levels and when to allow competition to proceed/stop is complicated by at least the following issues:
- The absolute temperature
- The radiant temperature at some parts of the ground
- The humidity level
- The wind level
- The type and duration of the event
- The time that officials have been exposed to the conditions
- Whether it is a relay/team or individual event
- The age, experience, and/or disability classification of the competitors
Consequently, it is impossible to make a simple statement about when events should continue or stop. Rather it must be a judgement call by the relevant officials on the spot.