Welcome back to our competition for 2014. There are many ANSW Championship coming up, firstly this weekend we have so much on offer out on the track, so take a look over this edition of our New "Track News" news letter for this year, don't forget you can now read it on-line!
ANSW Championship Dates...
- 11th January ANSW Club Championships Day 1 at Homebush. Entries have closed for this event.
- 1st February ANSW Club Championships Day 2 at Homebush
- 2nd February Australian Walk Championships being held in Hobart. Further information on Athletic Australia web page.
- 7th – 9th February NSW Youth & Junior Championships Homebush. This for all athletes U/14 – U/20 or 12yrs to 19yrs. Entries can be done on line by going to ANSW web page Entries close on 28th January 2014. Manual entries forms available soon. We have many athletes that qualify for these championships are you going to enter?
- 15th February 5000m Championships & Allcomers meet. No date for entry closure available as yet so please check ANSW web page.
- 22nd -23rd February NSW Masters Championships at Glendale please check either NSW Masters or ANSW web page for closing date.
- 28th February - 2nd March NSW Open & U/23 Championships at Homebush. No entry closure date yet available.
- 8th – 10th March Australian Masters Championships in Hobart, Tasmania
- 12th – 18th March Australian Junior Championships at Homebush.
- 3rd – 5th April Australian Open Championships in Melbourne.
Other Championships that have been held recently are the 10K & 20k WALK with Cheryl, Amanda, Kyle & Robert all competing with some great results.
Combined Events Championships where Adrienne competed and doing very well.
Hot Off The Press...
As I write this we have Vanessa & Belinda competing in Bendigo, Vic in the Masters Oceanic Games and both have collected many medal while competing in very windy conditions.
All our athletes travelling interstate are able to apply to the club for assistance with travel expenses. The monies we use for this assistance is raised through our BBQ,s all those apply must assist in some way at least 1 of these BBQ's or in some other way.
Our Club Championships will be held on the last 2 Wednesday's in February. Entry forms will be available in the next couple of weeks.
Have you, outstanding chocolate monies? If so could you please bring it in. WE still have some boxes left so if you can assist by selling these please see Evelyn
We currently have 2 facebook pages, if you could please go to the page with the club banner and LIKE you will receive all our information.
Athlete's please make sure you wear your uniform & rego number at all times for insurance purpose. Parents could we please have your assistance at the field events in particular the throwing events so as to prevent any injuries.
Thank you. Your committee. Any enquires please see Evelyn or call on 96236608 or 04189623.